1Malaysia.com.my allows readers to discuss published content and debate issues. This website is intended to provide a free and open forum to discuss the things that matter deeply to us as a Nation.
There are 10 simple guidelines that participants are expected to abide by when posting comments:
- Comments may be edited for clarity or excessive length. If we have to edit your comment for clarity (or typos), we endeavor to not misrepresent you.
- We welcome debate and dissent, but will not tolerate mindless abuse or personal attacks on authors, other users or any individual. This includes the changing of other user’s names, name calling, etc.
- 1Malaysia.com.my acknowledges criticism of the articles published, but will not allow persistent misrepresentation of 1Malaysia.com.my to be published on the website. For the sake of other readers and contributors, we will distinguish between constructive, focused argument and smear tactics.
- 1Malaysia.com.my understands people often feel strongly about issues debated on the site, but will consider removing any content that others might find overtly offensive or threatening. Please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
- 1Malaysia.com.my will not tolerate racism, sexism, or other forms of hate-speech or incitements to violence. We recognize the difference between criticizing a particular government, organization, community or belief and attacking people on the basis of their race, religion or gender.
- We will remove comments that may be defamatory and hate-inspired.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. This may also apply to people or organizations who post propaganda or external links without adding substantively to the quality of the discussion.
- Keep it relevant. We know that some conversations can be wide-ranging, but if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic (“off-topic”) then it may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track. This also applies to queries or comments about moderation, which will not be posted as comments.
- 1Malaysia.com.my aims to be a welcoming space for intelligent discussion, and expects participants to help achieve this by notifying potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate.
- Comments reflect the opinions of our readers. Published comments in no way represent 1Malaysia.com.my, beyond being subject to these guidelines.